Currently Reading

Monday 11 April 2016

REVIEW: IT by Stephen King


IT by Stephen King
Genre: Thriller, Paranormal
Read: 8th Dec 2015 - 11th April 2016
Purchase: Amazon

★★ 2 stars

Oh my god! Four months it took me to read this. So long and drawn out that half I ended up skipping as unnecessary subplot. It started out great, got sidetracked with a zillion subplots about each and every bloody character in Derry, got moderately interesting, sidetracked again...and again...to the point you wondered what was happening with a couple of the characters - namely Tom and Henry - because they weren't mentioned again until nearing the end, up to an ending that was really an anti climax - a bit like Bev and the boys underground in 1958. Seriously? They were 11! How is Bev whoring herself to all 6 boys in the tunnels going to get them back? Talk about way off track ridiculous. For a book that has been hailed a sensation I must say I was a little disappointed. I think the most consistently interesting of them all was Pennywise! And he was the bad guy...who ended up being a female IT!

I hope the movie is better because the book was just way too long and convoluted with unnecessary crap.

No comments:

Post a Comment