Currently Reading

Friday 3 November 2017

REVIEW: Warleggan by Winston Graham


Warleggan (The Poldark Saga #4) by Winston Graham
Genre: Historical Fiction
Read: 3rd November 20217
Purchase: Amazon

★★★★★ 5 stars

The 4th installment of the Poldark series would have to be one of the most heartbreaking. Not only dealing with the troubles of the time with the mine collapse, early death, sickness and poverty, but the turmoil of emotions and heartbreak of death, circumstance and betrayal. Although I knew what was to come having seen the series, it was still incredibly sad in parts.

This book also sees more of George Warleggan, whom we all love to hate. And while he has remained in the background for the most part, one can still feel his touch reach all the way to Nampara. Though I must admit, I find him even more hateful on screen probably due to the pompous nature that shines through his character portrayed. The actor portraying Warleggan does a wonderful job of making him hateful because I find him so much more than the books. lol

The ending of this book leaves a sort of promise of better times ahead...and again, while I have seen up to the end of the last series and know what is to come in the next 2 books, I can't wait to begin the next as I still find myself wanting to devour more and more of the Poldarks and their simple life at Nampara.

No comments:

Post a Comment