Currently Reading

The Doctor's Child by Daniel Hurst
Published: 1st May 2024

Monday 22 August 2022

SPOTLIGHT: The Houseshare by Carla Kovach

 

The Houseshare by Carla Kovach
Genre: Psychological thriller, Suspense
Read: 15th August 2022
Goodreads
Amazon
Apple
Google
Kobo
Published: 16th August 2022

DESCRIPTION:

Behind closed doors is a secret someone is willing to kill for.

I walk into the bright, open living room of my new apartment, and I know this is the fresh start I’ve been dreaming about. As I double lock my pretty red door each night, I feel like I can finally be happy. I can finally be safe.

But when I’m woken one night by the sound of my neighbours arguing through the wall. I swear I hear one of them saying my name. Why would they be talking about me?

Michaela and Kirsty seem so nice, always stopping to chat when we pass in the hallway, and inviting me round for a glass of wine after work.

I know I’m being paranoid, but then my favourite hair clip goes missing and I start to feel like someone’s watching me.

Nobody was meant to know where I am. And I was careful. I did everything right. But I can’t help but fear my past has caught up with me and this time, I might not escape…

If you love gripping psychological thrillers like Gone Girl and Mark Edwards’s Here to Stay, you’ll be blown away by The Houseshare. Addictive, tense and with an ending you won’t see coming, you’ll be up all night turning pages.

The Houseshare is a rework of To Let, which was previously published by the same author.


SPOTLIGHT:

I am excited to be taking part in the #BooksOnTour #BlogTour for Carla Kovach's tense psychological thriller THE HOUSESHARE (previously published as "To Let").

A new beginning...a new nightmare...

After leaving her controlling and abusive boyfriend, Libby is ready for a fresh start by fleeing in the night and renting a flat in Canal House near the centre of Birmingham that her sister Olly has found for her.

As the story unfolds, the mystery of the murder of a teenage girl is entwined with the strange goings on that Libby faces in her new home. She confides in her landlord as to what happened back in the place where she grew up and he shows a level of compassion that she never knew with Gary, and she soon finds herself attracted to Tim. Even her fellow tenants, Michaela and Kirsty tease her about it. But Libby isn't ready for another relationship and is adamant that Tim is just a friend.

Who is it that's stalking her?

And then Libby receives news so devastating it shakes the very foundations of her world. And she wonders...is she even safe anymore?

I was suspicious of just about everyone and their motives however the villain was fairly easy to figure out as they all but had a neon sign announcing their involvement throughout. But that never interferes with my enjoyment of a good thriller.

THE HOUSESHARE is a fairly entertaining read that I did enjoy. For those who are fans of the Gina Harte series, don't expect this to be anything like those because it is entirely different as are all her standalone thrillers. It has a more claustrophobic feel to it and is incredibly tense at times.

There is one factor that totally blindsided me just before the end...and I never saw it coming. 

THE HOUSESHARE is an intriguing psychological thriller.

This title was previously published as "To Let".

I would like to thank #CarlaKovach, #NetGalley and #Bookouture for an ARC of #TheHouseshare.


MEET THE AUTHOR:

Carla Kovach was born in Birmingham, UK and now resides in Redditch, Worcestershire. She started writing more seriously ten years ago after having flirted with musical theatre and occasional writing in her youth.

Since then she has written & produced several stage plays, has four self-published books, has acted in several independent films and is currently in the final stages of production of her feature horror film, Penny for the Guy.

She now writes full time as well as co-owning a film, photography & video production company located in the heart of Redditch town centre. 

Social Media links:

Website | Twitter | Facebook | Instagram | Goodreads


PUBLISHER:

Stay up to date with upcoming releases from Bookouture by following them on these social media accounts.


No comments:

Post a Comment