Currently Reading

The Life Sentence by Jackie Kabler
Published: 10th May 2024

Friday 13 June 2014

REVIEW: Malicious by James Raven


Malicious by James Raven
Genre: Thriller
Read: 13th June 2014
Purchase: Amazon

★★★★★ 5 stars!

Seriously...I read this book in one sitting! Took me four hours and I couldn't put it down. I'd started it as something to read before bed...for hours later at 3.30am I'd finished!

It was exciting, enthralling and easy to read, but still with an edge of your seat thrill when you don't know what's coming next, and you say to yourself "just one more chapter". I love these kinds of books! And this one really was an eye opener to the world of cybercrime and what could happen if someone gained remote access to your laptop or computer. It certainly doesn't bear thinking about. Our one last big of privacy violated as well.

As for the story, it was enjoyable and addictive. I found myself mentally slapping Robyn though - why not just trust Riley with her trouble? Because then there wouldn't be a story in it. But it does make you feel just a little frustrated when they choose the obvious route and decide to go it alone rather than risk being a laughing stock? But then, who knows what one would do in a similar situation.

In all, I loved this book. Being captivating as well as easy to read and follow without all the techie mumbo jumbo that would be lost on many makes for an exciting and refreshing read.

No comments:

Post a Comment