Currently Reading

Monday 16 June 2014

REVIEW: The Secret of Crickley Hall by James Herbert


The Secret of Crickley Hall by James Herbert
Genre: Thriller, Paranormal
Read: 16th June 2014
Purchase: Amazon

★★★★★ 5 stars

This is the only book of James Herbert's I've read and WOW! I thoroughly enjoyed it. I'm not usually a paranormal fan, but more of a thriller reader, but I could not put this book down! Sure, there were long descriptive parts I felt were a little unnecessary, and I disliked the interior monologue that frequented the pages, as that just drew the already descriptive sentences out further...and having to look back and re read it without the interior additions to make sense of the sentence. But apart from that, it was thoroughly enthralling, chilling and page turning! I hung onto every word waiting to learn the true fate of the children and what really went on at Crickley Hall.

Without giving anything away, I wasn't surprised by a certain reappearance and their identity. But in all, the book is brilliant reading. A definite recommend!

No comments:

Post a Comment