Currently Reading

Tuesday 21 March 2017

REVIEW: Telling Tales by Ann Cleeves


Telling Tales (DCI Vera Stanhope #2) by Ann Cleeves
Genre: Mystery, Thriller, Crime Fiction
Read: 21st March 2017
Purchase: Amazon

★★★★ 4 stars

3 and a half to 4 stars. Pretty much because I felt it dragging a little at the beginning. Even though Vera appeared earlier in this one than in The Crow Trap, I still felt she was a distant ring-in as it switched from one to another, with Vera popping up every now and then. I was longing to see who really murdered Abigail but disappointed with who it turned out to be. I think it would have been better with Robert as the murderer. It made sense. Or even Emma herself. That is one screwed up lady. Vera's right. It's time she (Emma) got a life.

But having said that, I still enjoyed the book. The mystery and the little twists.


No comments:

Post a Comment