Currently Reading

Sunday 5 March 2017

REVIEW: The Darkness and the Deep by Aline Templeton


The Darkness and the Deep (DI Marjory Fleming #2) by Aline Templeton
Genre: Mystery, Thriller, Crime Fiction
Read: 5th March 2017
Purchase: Amazon

★★★★ 4 stars

I always enjoy a good British mystery, and I've enjoyed Aline Templeton's first two books in the Marjory Fleming series. However, not being a born and bred Scot (though I am of Scottish heritage) it doesn't help me with some of the Scottish vernacular I struggle to understand. I can generally get the gist but the dialect used makes it hard for those of us who have not grown up with it to understand. This I feel is a drawback for the series....because not all readers will understand the strange vernacular that goes way over our heads.


No comments:

Post a Comment