Currently Reading

Saturday 15 April 2017

REVIEW: Random by Craig Robertson


Random by Craig Robertson
Genre: Psychological Thriller, Mystery
Read: 15th April 2017
Purchase: Amazon

★★★★★ 5 stars

Wow! Wow! Wow! I have just finished RANDOM and it was by far one of the best reads I have read in some time! I read the complete second half of the book tonight...as I could not put it down till I found out how it ended. Brilliant. Not 5 stars - 10 stars!! Loved it.

I thought when I started it that from the perspective of the serial killer might get a little tedious but it is anything but! The continual monologue from the killer's perspective is both fascinating and eye-opening as well as very different. It is one of those books where I keep telling myself "just one more chapter" and then keep reading beyond that and more! And I read generally when I go to bed so I can be up till 3am still reading, unable it put it down....as I was last night. Until my eyelids began drooping and I was getting weary - given the hour that was to understandable - and I closed at the end of the chapter. But it is then a case of when I wake in the morning I have to pick it up again to find out more! With each chapter more about the killer is revealed in small yet significant ways. It is incredibly well written to be solely from the perspective of the killer, with the police and the investigation taking a backseat to the killer's motives, and what makes him do what he has. And the process he undertakes in selecting his victims. And we see him more than a killer - but a father, a husband - and we begin to feel sympathy towards him. 


I thoroughly enjoyed this book...though I didn't think I would.

No comments:

Post a Comment