Currently Reading

Monday 17 April 2017

REVIEW: In a Dark, Dark Wood by Ruth Ware


In a Dark, Dark Wood by Ruth Ware
Genre: Psychological Thriller
Read: 17th April 2017
Purchase: Amazon


★★★★ 4 stars

** spoiler alert ** Nora...not Lee. And Lee...not Leo.

I don't know why so many said they didn't like this book or any of the characters. The only ones I didn't like we're Flo and Clare. Flo because she was unhinged where Clare was concerned, practically worshipping her. And Clare because she seemed too perfect. Somewhat fake. I wasn't disappointed in the ending either because I didn't like her to begin with.

I wondered if I was the only one to pick up the "text" sent from James breaking off with Nora ten years before as not being from him at all. Long before Nora picked up on it towards the end. I picked up on it right away when it began "Lee..." James only ever called her Leo.

I wasn't disappointed that I guessed who was behind the whole charade. I thought it was a good read. I really enjoyed it and look forward to reading more from this author.

No comments:

Post a Comment