Currently Reading

The Doctor's Child by Daniel Hurst
Published: 1st May 2024

Friday 18 August 2017

REVIEW: Girl on a Train by A.J. Waines


Girl on a Train by A.J. Waines
Genre: Psychological Thriller
Read: 18th August 2017
Purchase: Amazon

★★★★ 4 stars

Unlike others, I didn't mistake it for "The Girl on the Train" recently made into a movie with Emily Blunt. I knew they were two different books and I've read them both. And enjoyed them both. Although they are both completely different.

I enjoyed the journey this book took me on. The little clues, puzzles and "code like" messages. I felt incredibly sorry for Elly with such an uncaring family that just cast her aside as an attention seeker. I found myself searching for her clues she left behind at a similar pace as Anna. I loved Stefan, Flora and Jamilla. I could see how Caroline might be hard work..lol. I didn't see the twist which hit Anna close to home until she found the photo...and then I began to wonder myself. I pieced that together just before she did.

In all, it was a great read, though incredibly sad in many ways for different people. I loved it.

No comments:

Post a Comment