Currently Reading

The Doctor's Child by Daniel Hurst
Published: 1st May 2024

Friday 5 January 2018

REVIEW: Blink by K.L. Slater


Blink by K.L. Slater
Genre: Psychological Thriller
Read: 5th January 2018
Goodreads
Purchase: Amazon

★★★★★ 5 stars

A tense psychological thriller about a grieving woman, a missing child and a woman with "locked-in syndrome" after suffering a stroke. What can I say? It was edge of your seat despite the slow start which I found relatively uneventful, until it began to gather a bit more speed. I have to say, I didn't like any of the characters...lol...they were all loathsome in their own way. The only one I did like I questioned her niceties as a facade. Everyone just had too much going for them as Evie's abducter as most of them appeared to have ulterior motives. There were only three characters who were "nice" one of which I'd already questioned her niceness. I won't spoil it by mentioning who they were but I correctly guessed the guilty parties. While it didn't seem to make sense, I still didn't trust them.

In all, it was an enjoyable read. My first of K.L. Slater's and it won't be my last.

No comments:

Post a Comment