Currently Reading

Friday 7 July 2017

REVIEW: Stolen by Rebecca Muddiman


Stolen (Gardner & Freeman #1) by Rebecca Muddiman
Genre: Mystery, Thriller, Crime Fiction
Read: 7th July 2017
Purchase: Amazon

★★★★★ 5 stars

Wow! This was an awesome book that I read in two days and three sittings. It was so painfully sad but intriguing at the same time. I am not a mother so I cannot completely comprehend that bond or grief of such a loss, so I do guiltily admit to finding Abby a little pathetic at times. But then, I'm not a mother. Yet everyone is different in how they deal with grief. Had it been me in that situation I probably wouldn't be much different than Abby. Now the story...when it all fell into place it just made so much sense. But, without giving anything away, I picked the one to have stolen Beth as they just seemed suspect from the beginning. And this was just a couple of chapters after Beth was taken. The timing, the circumstances, and the baby. To me, it made sense. What did come as a surprise was how it all linked back to the start! But as I said, when all was revealed it all made sense.

As a side note, the missing girl in 2010, five years after Beth was taken, was eerily familiar to the Shannon Matthews case, which was recently made in to a 2 part mini series "The Moorside" detailing Shannon's disappearance in 2008...later discovered under the bed at her uncle's as planned by her mother for the money.

Loved the book and will be back to read more of Rebecca Muddiman in future.


No comments:

Post a Comment