Currently Reading

Monday 17 July 2017

REVIEW: When I Wake Up by Jessica Jarlvi


When I Wake Up by Jessica Jarlvi
Genre: Psychological Thriller, Mystery
Read: 17th July 2017
Purchase: Amazon


★★★★★ 5 stars

Wow! Wow! Wow! This book is fantastic. I read it in two sittings and simply could not put it down! When I did finish it I was at a loss as to where to go from here. It definitely has that edge of your seat thrill ride, as the story unfolds through each of the player's (in the story) eyes. In the form of "Gone Girl" it switches between the present and the past. Interestingly, the present is only told from husband Erik's perspective with all the other characters - Anna, Iris, Daniel and Rolf - telling the story leading up to the present. Then they each continue the story from there. But it is ingeniously woven. I wasn't sure who had attacked Anna right until just before it was revealed...then it kind of fell into place. Brilliant story telling, even with Anna and Iris, that you just cannot put down.

If you love "The Girl on the Train", "Before I Go to Sleep" and "Gone Girl" then you will love Jessica Jarlvi's debut with this brilliant psychological thriller.

No comments:

Post a Comment